Household appliances make life easier, but they need to be kept clean. Otherwise, sooner or later it will start to break down. To maximize the service life of your appliances, you should follow the recommendations for caring for your appliances.
Clean the rubber gaskets of the refrigerator
Regular maintenance of the refrigerator is a guarantee of a long service life even after the warranty card expires. It is not enough to wipe the shelf surfaces and the door. Washing the niches is also half the battle. You also need to monitor the condition of the gasket on the door of the unit.
Often, the rubber gasket is not even mentioned. After all, it is there that most harmful bacteria accumulate.
The rubber gasket suffers from three things.
- Spilled liquids and crumbs that provoke the process of decay. A characteristic sign is an unpleasant odor in the refrigerator.
- Deformation, and loss of elasticity. Rubber seals keep the temperature of the unit. If the gaskets start to come off, the food spoils prematurely.
- Accumulation of dirt: both food dirt and dust, garbage, and other waste. We usually remove them from the shelves, but we forget about hard-to-reach gums.
Therefore, it is necessary to strictly monitor the cleanliness of this part. There are several ways to do this quickly and efficiently:
– Soap solution. Apply liquid soap or dishwashing detergent to the soft side of a damp sponge and gently remove dirt. Plenty of water will help dissolve the excess.
– Soda solution. A reliable assistant for disinfecting and eliminating odors. To clean, just dissolve two tablespoons of baking soda in a small amount of water. Soak the sponge in the resulting solution and rinse the erasers thoroughly.
– Purchased products. Any kitchen grease remover for cleaning rubber gaskets.
To maintain cleanliness, it is recommended to clean the refrigerator at least once a month. An additional procedure is glycerin treatment. The product will save from drying out and loss of elasticity. You can apply undiluted glycerin directly to the sponge.
Useful tip: Avoid getting vinegar and other acids on the sealant, as these agents destroy the structure of the material.
Keep the microwave oven clean
To ensure proper operation of the microwave oven, it is necessary to keep its walls clean, on which greasy splashes from food settle. This is unavoidable, but knowing the cleaning methods, everyone can handle the cleaning without much effort.
- Vinegar solution. Pour water and vinegar into a container and microwave for no more than 5 minutes. Remove the container, and wipe the inner walls of the microwave oven with a soft sponge, removing traces of grease and food.
- Lemon. Cut the lemon, and set the time timer on the control panel for 1-2 minutes. Wipe the inside of the oven with lemon. The natural essential oils in the lemon peel will remove unpleasant odors.
- A warm soapy water solution will also easily cope with fresh food splashes during regular cleaning.
After cleaning the walls and plate of the microwave oven, leave the door open for a couple of minutes. During this time, wipe the inside with a dry cloth as excess moisture can damage moisture-sensitive parts.
Keep it fresh in the dishwasher
Washing dishes isn’t the best pastime in the kitchen, so getting a dishwasher will make life easier. But it also needs to be maintained. What you should pay attention to:
- The first signal of the need for cleaning is an unpleasant odor.
- Leaving the door open after washing is a good prevention against mold.
- The rubber seal must always be wiped dry.
- Make sure that no grease accumulates on the gasket. In the future, the door may not hold water because of this.
Follow the recommendations every two weeks:
– clean the drain and inlet filter,
– wipe down the detergent compartment,
– clean the inside of the hopper.
Special dishwasher salt cleans water from harmful impurities and reduces the likelihood of scale formation. This prevention will extend the service life of the dishwasher, which means that plates, cups, and pots will remain shiny and crispy clean for a long time.
Has your appliance started to work incorrectly?
The best solution is to call a handyman at home or contact the service center. This calls us, and we will give you the best repair HOME APPLIANCE SERVICE CENTER. With our superior performance, absolute accuracy, extensive knowledge and experience, fast and efficient service, friendly attitude, free maintenance consultation, and after-service warranty, we are proud to say that we are the leading Repair Service Provider in San Diego. Customer satisfaction is our top priority, and we are always committed to what we do. We are open 24/7 a week, on weekends and holidays. Our engineers will come to you 15 minutes after your call in urgent cases. Give us a call, and HOME APPLIANCE SERVICE CENTER will solve any problem.