If the refrigerator door does not close tightly, then the problem is in the sealing rubber. If it is deformed or damaged, there is no air tightness in the chamber, which leads to fast food spoilage. To repair the rubber, you will need glue, a clamp, alcohol, a screwdriver, and a spatula. If the seal is damaged in one place, you can glue it back on. If the rubber is deformed along the entire perimeter or rotted, it is replaced by a new element.
Have decided to repair the sealant independently, know that it is made of polyvinylchloride and is attached in each model of refrigerator differently:
– It is inserted into the groove.
– Screwed on with a screwdriver.
– Glued along the contour of the door.
The new element is attached similarly to the old one. If the rubber band is glued into the door itself, you can not do without a master. To replace the part, remove the door from its hinges and place it on the table or floor. Cut the joints and remove the tape using tweezers. Use a stud to install the gasket. If your refrigerator is an older model. Then the rubber band will have to be adjusted to size by cutting two vertical and horizontal elements, which are fastened together with glue. Be sure to check the size with the old sealant. Alcohol must be used to degrease the surface before gluing the rubber.
How to avoid breakage
To avoid breakage of the refrigerator door, it is enough to adhere to a few simple rules:
– Regularly wash the door seal, carefully removing all contaminants.
– Do not slam the door or grab the rubber gasket.
– Follow the three-minute rule. After opening the refrigerator door, open it again after three minutes. This is enough time to equalize the pressure outside and inside. Then you won’t have to force the refrigerator open.
-Don’t put too much food on the door shelves. Under the weight, it may warp, which will result in a leaking chamber.
– Lubricate the hinges of the refrigerator door in a timely manner. They should work easily. You should not wait until the element starts to creak. Lubrication is done once every three years.
Make sure to entrust refrigerator repair to professionals. Do not deal with the breakage yourself, not having knowledge in this area. Otherwise, it can lead to other types of breakdowns, which will only aggravate the situation and have a bad effect on your budget.
The best solution is to call a master at home or contact the service center. This calls us, and we will give you the best repair service AT ALL SAN DIEGO. With our superior performance, absolute accuracy, extensive knowledge and experience, fast and efficient service, friendly attitude, free maintenance consultation, and after-service warranty, we are proud to say that we are the leading Repair Service Provider in San Diego. Customer satisfaction is our top priority, and we are always committed to what we do. We are open 24/7 a week, on weekends and holidays. Our technicians will come to you 15 minutes after your call in urgent cases. Give us a call, and SAN DIEGO APPLIANCE REPAIR will solve any problem.