Hood Repair in Cardiff
The cooker hood is an indispensable part of every kitchen. They help to get rid of unpleasant odors and create a comfortable microclimate. But what should you do if it's not working as it's supposed to? Home Appliance Service Center is here to help and take care of all your kitchen appliance diagnostics and repairs. All you have to do is call a Hood Repair in Cardiff, CA at your convenience.
Common faults in cooker hoods
Hood making strange noises
Every hood makes a certain amount of noise, and strange noises can occur for a number of reasons:
- Factory defects. Determined by a special expert appraisal at the Service Center;
- Filters or ventilation ducts are blocked;
- Incorrect installation: large bending angles, loose connections at fixing points, many constrictions;
- Inconsistency in the diameter of the ventilation duct.
Some modifications can be loud due to the factory parameters. It is advisable to study the technical data prior to purchase to ensure that you select the right appliance. A Cardiff Hood Repair technician will have no trouble pinpointing the exact cause of the breakdown and the steps to fix it.
The cooker hood switches on by itself
If the model is remote-controlled, the contacts may be short-circuited due to moisture or dust on the remote-control unit. Alternatively, the control unit may be malfunctioning, or the on/off buttons may be stuck. It is best to contact a Hood Repair in Cardiff, CA technician to determine the cause and to find a solution.
Bad draught in the cooker hood
The causes of this phenomenon are as follows:
- The most common cause of no draught is a clogged or broken filter;
- Clogged grease traps. Heavy particles settle on the surface and prevent the airflow from passing through. To eliminate the problem, the elements must be flushed out regularly;
- Blockages in the ventilation duct in the house. Check the drafts with a match or lighter. If the flame does not flicker, the duct is blocked;
- Lack of natural ventilation. Ducts can be created in windows or in the wall to remedy the situation.
Cardiff Hood Repairs is happy to provide you with a variety of services.
The extractor blows backwards
Causes may be:
- Incorrect installation of the extractor hood;
- Sealing of the room;
- Incorrect dimensioning of the ventilation pipe with the extractor fan;
- Clogged vents;
- Steam and moisture accumulation.
It is not difficult to solve the problems. It is necessary to carry out a set of measures to clean the ventilation duct, if such methods do not help, you should seek help from professionals. A Hood Repair in Cardiff, CA technician will have no trouble pinpointing the exact cause of the breakdown and the steps to fix it.
No speed change in the extractor fan
If the speed selectors in the hood do not work, the first thing to check is the buttons, the control box or the control board of the hood.
When inspecting the buttons, it is advisable to check whether there is contact; the wire that leads to the motor may have burned out and is responsible for one speed or the other.
Another reason for no speed changeover is a faulty starting capacitor. A Cardiff Hood Repair qualified technician can identify the exact cause and rectify the problem.
Extractor not working at all
The first thing to do is to make sure that the carriers' current and mains voltage are correct. If everything is in order, the cause may be wear and tear on the motor and oxidization of the switch plate contacts. This is not uncommon, as the cooker hood operates in a constantly humid environment. Otherwise, your appliance will break down and then you can't do without a Hood Repair in Cardiff, CA technician.
Useful tips for prolonging the life of your cooker hood
- Keep an eye on the filters in your cooker hood and clean or replace them regularly. If you are using a newer cooker hood, you will be reminded of the status of the filters by a special LED light or buzzer.
- When cooking, make sure that the hood is not working over a direct flame.
- Periodically check the hood motor to make sure it isn't clogged with grease.
Household appliances are not the cheapest purchase, so do not carry out repairs yourself so as not to exacerbate defects.
Home Appliance Service Center has been offering home appliance repair and maintenance services for over 20 years. Our craftsmen will identify the problem and provide a professional approach at Cardiff Hood Repair and Service.
Main Reason to Choose Us
We’ve been repairing household appliances since 2001. Our experience is your guarantee of quality. We are ready to come to you on the same day and inexpensively carry out high-quality repairs. We use only original spare parts!
We provide a 90-day warranty on every repair for every client.
Same Day Service
We carry out repairs on the same day you call us in 95% of cases.
Licence & Insured
Each repairman who works for us has a license and insurance.